Physical Therapy Assistant
The Physical Therapy Assistant program is offered through State Technical College of Missouri in Linn, MO. The first year students take their general education courses at NCMC. Once they are accepted into the PTA program, the PTA coursework is delivered solely by State Technical College of Missouri. Instructional delivery includes traditional on-site classroom instruction, on-line courses, videoconferencing, and web-assisted courses. Once students successfully completes the program, State Technical College of Missouri will confer the degree.
What is a PTA?
A physical therapy assistant (PTA) works under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist (PT). They help patients who are recovering from injuries and illnesses regain movement and manage pain. This is done through exercise, massage, gait and balance training, and other therapeutic interventions. PTA’s record the patient’s progress of each treatment and reports to the PT. PTA’s work in different work environments including: offices of physical, occupational and speech therapists, and audiologists; state, local, and private hospitals; nursing care facilities; home healthcare services; and/or offices of physicians.
- Off-campus clinical component (built into the curriculum during spring & summer semester)
- Determined by PTA faculty
- This is a 13 month program – August to August
- Priority Application Deadline: February 15
- GPA of 2.75 is required in the general education courses to be accepted into the PTA program
- Minimum of “C” or above required in general education courses
- Physical Therapy Assistant Application Process
- PTA Curriculum
Job outlook and wage information from What Can I Do With This Major are based on national data.
NCMC Contact Information
Kristi Cutsinger, MBA
Program Coordinator of Health Sciences
North Central Missouri College
1301 Main Street
Trenton, MO 64683
(660) 359-3948 ext. 1284
PTA Contact Information
Katherine Berrey, MS.Ed
One Technology Drive
Linn, MO 65051