The Surgical Technology program is offered through Hillyard Technical Center (HTC) in St. Joseph, MO. The first year students take their general education courses at NCMC. Once they are accepted into the Surgical Technology program, students will complete the required curriculum on HTC campus for the core 11-month program. Once the student has successfully completed the requirements (curriculum courses at NCMC, 15 hours with NCMC, core program at HTC, and submitted final HTC transcript), NCMC will confer the degree.
What is a Surgical Technologist?
A surgical technologists, also called operating room technician, assist in surgical operations. They prepare operating rooms, arrange equipment, and help doctors during surgeries. Surgical technologists typically do the following: prepare operating rooms for surgery, sterilize equipment and make sure that there are adequate supplies for surgery, ready patients for surgery, such as washing and disinfecting incision sites, help surgeons during surgery by passing them instruments and other sterile supplies, count supplies, and maintain a sterile environment.
- Pre-Requisite and general education courses at NCMC
- Core Surgical Technology program at Hillyard Technical Center in St. Joseph, MO
- HTC Application Deadline: February 1
- Minimum of “C” or above required in pre-requisite and general education courses
- The core program is 11 months – Starts in August
- Once all requirements are met, the student must submit a final HTC transcript to NCMC
- Surgical Technology Cost
- Surgical Technology Application Process
- Surgical Technology Curriculum
Job outlook and wage information from What Can I Do With This Major are based on national data.
NCMC Contact Information
Kristi Cutsinger, MBA
Program Coordinator of Health Sciences
North Central Missouri College
1301 Main Street
Trenton, MO 64683
Surgical Tech Contact Information
Linda VanDyke, CST-CSFA
3434 Faraon Street
St. Joseph, MO 64506