Math tutors are available during regular ARC hours- no appointment necessary.
Students now have THREE options to receive tutoring assistance if they are not able to visit our campus learning center for help with math and algebra:
- Dial-a-Math-Tutor at (660) 357-6374 (best for quick, simple questions). Please have your math problem in front of you when calling so that you can describe your problem to the tutor.
- Get assistance from a math tutor via email. Either snap a picture of the problem with your phone (best for paper/pencil problems) or, if you are using a computer, screen capture an image (screen capture is done by pressing your Print Scrn button and then pasting the image to your email) and send the problem to a math tutor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your tutor will respond as quickly as possible during our regular hours of operation. You should receive an answer to your question within 24 hours (not including weekends).
When you send your math problem please include:
- In the subject line – Course number, Section number, and Problem number.
- In the body of the email – Student name, Student #000, and Instructor
If you find the answer on your own let us know by forwarding a copy of your sent email back to the math lab and add CANCEL to the subject line.
- Make an appointment for a real-time online conference with a math tutor. Currently conference appointments are offered at limited times by calling (660) 357-6374 OR emailing email@example.com. If you are unable to attend an appointment you have already arranged, please contact us to cancel the appointment by either sending an email with “Cancel” in the subject line along with the course number, section number, and problem number or by calling (660) 357-6374.
We are currently using Zoom as our online conferencing platform, so you may want to visit the company’s website to find out more about how the conference may run on your computer.
Additional Math Resources
- The Math Lab also has many textbooks for all levels of math that can provide students with additional problems to work. These textbooks may be used only in the ARC.
- Calculator guides are available for students who would like to learn more about the graphing calculator.
- Also, answer keys for most of the current math textbooks are available for students to use with a tutor. These answer keys help students check their homework. Our tutors have access to these keys and are more than happy to check an answer for you.
Downloadable Math Handouts
Note: PDF reader required to view these resources.