Life and Physical Sciences
To develop students’ understanding of the principles and laboratory procedures of life and physical sciences and to cultivate their abilities to apply the empirical methods of scientific inquiry. Students should understand how scientific discovery changes theoretical views of the world, informs our imaginations, and shapes human history. Students should also understand that science is shaped by historical and social contexts.
Students will demonstrate the ability to…
- explain how to use the scientific method and how to develop and test hypotheses in order to draw defensible conclusions.
- evaluate scientific evidence and argument.
- describe the basic principles of the physical universe.
- describe concepts of the nature, organization, and evolution of living systems.
- explain how human choices affect the earth and living systems.