Course Withdrawal Procedures
Students may enroll or make schedule changes through the end of the published add/drop period for a session. The period ends on the fourth day of a 16-week session and at the end of the third day of 4- or 8- week sessions. The add/drop period will vary for off-schedule classes; contact the Registrar’s Office for dates that apply to shorter term classes.
Tuition and fees for classes dropped prior to the published add/drop deadline will be refunded in full. Requests to leave a class after the add/drop deadline are considered withdrawals and no refunds are given.
Students are required to engage in a substantive academic activity or physically attend class by the 6th calendar day of a 4-week session or the 10th calendar day of an 8- or 16-week session. Students who fail to do so will be administratively dropped and charged $50.00 for each dropped course.
- Email notification, with attached roster confirmation form, is sent to all faculty.
- Faculty complete the form and return on the 7th day of a 4-week session or the 11th day of an 8- or 16-week session.
- Schedules are printed for each student reported as non-participating.
- Courses reported by faculty are highlighted on student schedules.
- Students are dropped from all reported courses.
- Copies of all schedules for reported students are forwarded to the Financial Aid Office and Student Accounts for adjustment of financial aid awards and billing.
- Students are billed for $50.00 per course for courses administratively dropped due to non-participation.
- A request to leave a class after the end of the published add/drop period is considered a withdrawal.
- Students may initiate the withdrawal request by completing a withdrawal card at the Information Desk in the Alexander Student Center or by sending an email from the NCMC-issued email account to Registrar@mail.ncmissouri.edu. All email requests are recorded on withdrawal cards by office staff.
- A grade of “W” is assigned in classes when students formally request a withdrawal by the deadline for a session. The withdrawal deadline is 2 weeks prior to finals week in a 16-week semester, the Friday before the final week of a 4- or 8- week session, and the 7th week-day of an intersession class.
- Course withdrawal may impact student attendance status for student loan eligibility (i.e. full-time, three-quarter time, half-time).
- Enrollment status is changed to “Withdrawn” and the withdrawal date is entered in the student information system when a student withdraws from all coursework for a term.
- Copies of all withdrawal cards are forwarded to the Financial Aid Office for review.
- Faculty are required to submit a last date of attendance for any student who fails a class.
- Dates are entered on the grading roster at the time final grades are submitted.
- The Financial Aid Office will review last dates of attendance for students to determine the need to return Title IV aid funds.