Geyer Hall First Floor
Fire & Tornado Instructions
Note: In an emergency situation,be sure to offer assistance to handicapped persons
Do Not Use Elevator
- The signal for fire is a continuous horn sound and flashing strobe lights on the wall. There will also be verbal commands by phone or speaker where available.
- Walk briskly, do not run to the nearest exit. Continue on to the West parking lot as far away from the building as possible.
- Re-enter the building after an all-clear is declared.
Tornado & Severe Weather Warning
Safe Areas are highlighted in yellow on the map
- The signal for a tornado is a series of short beeps. There will also be verbal commands by phone or speaker where available.
- Close all doors and proceed immediately to the Geyer Hall first floor hallway or a designated safe area highlighted above
- Return to classrooms and offices after an official all-clear is declared.
- Drop, cover, and hold on. Exit when the shaking stops.