First things to check
- Try restarting your computer to see if this fixes the problem
- Make sure your computer cable is bigger than your phone cable.
- Check to make sure the cable going from the back of your machine
to the jack in the wall and is securely plugged in at both ends. Try
unplugging it, then plugging it back in, you should hear a click.
- Is there a green light on where your cable connects to the computer?
- Try switching jacks with your roommate, also try switching cables.
Other reasons why you might not be able to connect
- You may not have all the Microsoft updates for you computer.
- You may not any Anti-Virus software for your computer.