Financial Aid

About NCMC
Future Student
Current Students
Alumni & Friends

Applying for Financial Aid 


If you are applying for Federal and/or state Financial Aid (Pell Grant, Student Loans, Federal Work Study, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, A+, Access Missouri Grant), the following are required before you can be awarded:

  1. You must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  This may be done one of two ways, electronically at the website or by completing a paper version and submitting it by mail. See helpful hints at the bottom for more information.
  2. There is a question on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that asks for the Federal School Code.  The NCMC Federal School Code must be listed as follows: 002514
  3. Beginning in April, Financial Aid Award letters will be sent indicating if you are eligible for a Pell Grant and chosen for verification. Verification forms are available at the website or in the Financial Aid Office.  Allow 3-4 weeks from the date your FAFSA is processed. 
  4. A verification of high school graduation or its equivalency is required. Your NCMC admission file must contain a GED certificate or final high school transcript/diploma. Financial Aid does not need a separate copy.

IMPORTANT:  If you have not received a high school diploma or a GED certificate, please see the Financial Aid Office before proceeding further.

  1. If interested in a student loan, you must submit a Stafford Loan Application.  Forms are available at the website or in the Financial Aid Office.
  2. Scholarship applications may be picked up in the Financial Aid Office or printed from the website.  The deadline is April 1, 2013.


  1.  Apply for a PIN at for your electronic signature.  If you are a dependent student at least one parent needs to get a PIN also.
  2. Gather your financial records and tax returns for 2012.
  3. Go to and print the Pre-Application Web Worksheet.
  4. You will need your 2012 Federal tax return. If you are dependent, you will also need your parent’s 2012 Federal tax return.
  5. Complete the Pre-Application Web Worksheet before entering your actual data.
  6. With your PIN (and parent’s if needed) go to and apply online.
  7.  Print a summary of your data for review.  Make corrections if necessary.
  8. Sign your FAFSA application electronically with your PIN. 
  9. Submit your FAFSA data.  Keep a copy of your tax returns.
  10. Print the CONFIRMATION PAGE. It will have your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on it. Colleges use this number to determine grant eligibility. 
  11. Wait 2 weeks for your Student Aid Report (SAR).


NOTE:  You may complete the process without a PIN by printing the signature page, proving your signature (parent also if dependent), and mailing it to the address printed on the signature page.  This process takes a little longer.  The best way is to apply for the PIN(s), complete the Pre-Application Web Worksheet, and use the PIN(s) for your electronic signatures.  The PIN is used for many things other than your signature.

(660) 359-3948 EXT 1402