Students have until the end of the published add/drop period to enroll or make schedule changes. The period ends on Thursday of the first week of a fall or spring semester and at the end of the third day of the summer term, for classes that run all semester. The add/drop period will vary for off-schedule classes; contact the Registrar’s Office for dates that apply to shorter term classes.
Tuition and fees for classes dropped prior to the published add/drop deadline will be refunded in full. No refund is given after the deadline.
- During the second week of normal semester, email notification, with attached roster confirmation form, is sent to all faculty (after end of add/drop for off-schedule classes).
- Faculty complete the form and return by end of the second week of term.
- Schedules are printed for each student reported as non-participating.
- Courses reported by faculty are highlighted on student schedules.
- Students are dropped from all reported courses.
- Copies of all schedules for reported students are forwarded to the Financial Aid Office and Student Accounts for adjustment of financial aid awards and billing.
- Students are billed for 50% of tuition and course fees for courses dropped due to non-participation.
- A request to leave a class after the end of the published add/drop period is considered a withdrawal.
- Students may initiate the withdrawal request by completing a withdrawal card at the Information Desk in the Alexander Student Center or by sending an email from the NCMC-issued email account to Registrar@mail.ncmissouri.edu. All email requests are recorded on withdrawal cards by office staff.
- A grade of “W” is assigned in classes when students withdraw.
- When a student withdraws from all coursework for a term, enrollment status is changed to “Withdrawn” and the withdrawal date is entered on the Academic tab in the student workflow .
- Copies of all withdrawal cards are forwarded to the Financial Aid Office for review.
- Faculty are required to submit a last date of attendance for any student who fails a class.
- Dates are entered on the grading roster at the time final grades are submitted.
- A report is run, for Financial Aid Office, to pull last dates of attendance for students who failed all coursework for the term.