Reporting Structure: Reports to the Advising Coordinator.
Position Summary: Provide a wide range of advising services to students and coverage for college-required exams.
· Provide academic advisement and enrollment support for students.
· Assist with student orientation activities.
· Develop newsletter for high school counselors twice per semester.
· Coordinate Early Alert reporting with faculty.
· Supervise, administer and interpret the academic testing programs including arranging test locations and locating proctors when appropriate.
· Develop, plan and coordinate proposals for new testing programs.
· Assist academic administrators, advisors, and faculty in designing instruments, interpreting tests score information, and disseminating results.
· Input ACT/Asset/COMPASS/ETS/WorkKeys/C-BASE/Nursing scores into college’s student information system.
· Keep career postings current on website and oversee use of Missouri Connections for career exploration.
· Create and present career services programming to students, faculty.
· Develop and present retention programming.
· Maintain displays in the career services display case.
· Plan and organize the annual career fair.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field; associate’s degree with related experience may be considered.
Skills: Proficient in MS Office. Proven organizational, analytical and time management skills. Ability to build relationships and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; ascending and descending stairs; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks; sit at a desk for extended periods of time while typing and answering phones. Environmental Demands: fluctuations while walking on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.