Reporting Structure: Reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Designated Faculty Department Chair
Position Summary: Teach a range of classes part time in designated field.
- Advance student learning through exemplary instruction in accordance with the established course syllabus.
- Model effective oral and written communication that engages the students, provides clarity and improves student learning.
- Set clear expectations for the course by publishing grading criteria, assignments and examination dates on course syllabus and Blackboard.
- Ensure the content and level of material included on exams and assignments corresponds to the student learning objectives of the course.
- Demonstrate consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams and assignments.
- Provide timely feedback to students.
- Continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, instructional technology and distance education to enhance student learning and retention.
- Maintain student records as required by NCMC.
- Maintain current knowledge in subject-matter as well as effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Follow NCMC policies as outlined in the NCMC Adjunct Faculty Handbook.
- Attend meeting and college functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s degree in area of assignment. Should have 18 hours upper level graduate courses in area of concentration.
Skills: Proven organizational, analytical and time mgmt. skills. Ability to build relationships and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Strong verbal, written, and communication skills.
Physical & Environmental
Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks; sit at a desk while typing; standing in a classroom setting for extended periods. Fluctuations while walking on gravel, concrete and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment as well as the outside elements.