Dental Hygiene Adjunct Instructor
DEPARTMENT: Allied Health
REPORTS TO: Dean of Nursing and Health Services and assigned Program Coordinators
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Full-Time, 11-month
LOCATION: Hillyard Technical Center (HTC)
Position Summary: To ensure North Central Missouri College (NCMC) Dental Hygiene program maintains compliance with Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) standards and curriculum requirements.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Review and understand the course curriculum alignment and content
- Aid in creation of competencies, syllabi, objectives
- Track student data regarding curriculum objectives met
- Model effective oral and written communication that engages the students, provides clarity, and improves student learning.
- To participate in faculty meetings, both formally and informally with dental hygiene faculty and staff in addition, to NCMC administration
- Work effectively as part of the overall faculty team demonstrating positive interpersonal relations, collaborating with other faculty members to meet student needs, participating in faculty meetings and responding to requests from management.
- Participate in ongoing program evaluation activities as needed.
- Maintain faculty expectations as required by CODA.
- Other as assigned.
Education: Required: Candidates must have a minimum of a Master’s degree or be currently working toward a master’s degree in related field; graduate of an ADA accredited dental hygiene program.
Experience: Required: A minimum of 5 years previous clinical experience is required. Preferred: previous teaching and administrative experience; previous educational accreditation experience.
Skills: Strong communication skills. Strong understanding of CODA standards. Ability to develop interpersonal relationships with faculty, students, and cooperating agencies.
Physical Demands: Moving about while instructing and demonstrating skills to students; reaching, pulling, and pushing while demonstrating while using dental equipment; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk while typing; teaching in a medical facility setting for extended periods.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.