Head Start Program Director
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative, Management, Professional
DEPARTMENT: Head Start
REPORTS TO: President
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Full-Time, 12-month
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri (does oversee other locations)
JOB TITLE: Head Start Program Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a full time professional, exempt position responsible for providing direction, managerial oversight, and administration of the total Head Start/Early Head Start Program, and is responsible to the college president of North Central Missouri College.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED AND CONDITIONS:
- Facilitate strategic planning, program implementation, overall assessment, and comprehensive evaluation of HS/EHS operations, successfully engaging staff, parents, governing board members, and community stakeholders in all aspects.
- Prepare and submit HS/EHS grant applications as required by applicable federal statutes, regulations and administrative practice, including such proposals for modification as may be necessary.
- Ensure adherence to all program requirements associated with federal grant awards and other funding sources.
- Ensure that all HS/EHS program sites and equipment are safe and provide a healthy environment consistent with applicable local/state/federal codes and regulations, as well as local community standards.
- Supervise application of agency personnel policies and practices as they relate to the HS/EHS Program, North Central Missouri College, and state/federal regulations.
- Review all HS/EHS-related employment applications, interview selected applicants, and recommend potential employees to Policy Council and NCMC Board of Trustees.
- Prepare and administer the HS/EHS budget.
- Direct/supervise middle management personnel responsible for program planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Oversee HS/EHS-related agency procurement policies.
- Maintain an inventory of property in keeping with agency-wide practices and federal/state regulations.
- Serve as an advisor for agency-wide projects which will result in new and/or improved community-based child and family development programs.
- Represent the HS/EHS program in its relations with North Central Missouri College and the community-at-large.
- Represent North Central Missouri College in its relations with other HS/EHS programs, the Office of Head Start, or other entities engaged in EHS/HS activities, on a local, state or federal level.
- Facilitate the establishment of written formal agreements with community partners, including local education agencies, social services agencies, and other entities as required and/or in the best interest of the program.
- Serve as a liaison between North Central Missouri College Board of Trustees and Green Hills Head Start Policy Council.
- Must have ability to work some evenings and/or weekends as necessary.
- Must have ability to travel to out-of-area meetings and professional development opportunities as necessary.
- Must be able to lift 40 – 50 pounds.
- Master’s degree in Administration, Early Childhood Education, Education, or a human services-related professional program.
- Experience at a mid-management level as determined by the executive director of the agency.
- Prior administrative experience with proficiency in budget, personnel, and program development as determined by the executive director of the agency.
- Must have strong skills in the following: verbal/written communication, computer applications (ex. Microsoft Office), time management, organization, record keeping, and teamwork.
SALARY ENTRY LEVEL: As specified by consent of the college president and NCMC Board of Trustees.