IT Helpdesk Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Staff
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Full-Time, 12 month
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus
Position Summary: IT Helpdesk Clerk provides the initial point of contact for students, faculty, and staff that need information technology assistance. The candidate must have great interpersonal skills, strong computer skills, pay attention to detail, and type accurately. Most important attributes for the successful candidate will be attitude and a willingness to learn and grow with NCMC IT Services.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Answer email and telephone inquiries and work under pressure
- Log all helpdesk interactions
- Track and route problems and requests
- Research solutions and information regarding technical issues
- Keep basic records of communication/resolve for problems
- Document internal procedures to populate Knowledge Base
- Monitor daily open tickets in the Helpdesk Ticket Queue
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Preserve and grow knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services
- Schedule meetings and take notes as needed for the CIO and IT Administrators
- Help with purchasing documents and reconcile packing slips with invoices
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma required, AAS degree in IT related discipline preferred, must obtain A+ certification within the first year of employment.
Experience: Two years or more previous experience providing clerical or administrative assistant support in a business setting. Working knowledge of helpdesk software and remote control software helpful.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus and remote sites; reaching, pulling, and pushing; remain stationary at a desk while typing and answering phones; must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.