DEPARTMENT: Mathematics, Science, History, Social Science
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Academic Affairs
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Full-Time, 9-month
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus
Position Summary: North Central Missouri College is seeking a full-time 9-month tenure-track Mathematics instructor beginning August 2018. The successful candidate will be qualified to teach the full range of developmental and college-level freshman and sophomore Mathematics courses. This may include teaching evening and/or on-line courses.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Advance student learning through exemplary instruction in accordance with established course syllabus.
- Teach a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs.
- Commit to the learning process by participation in the development and revision of the curriculum and semester schedules.
- Continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods to ensure student success; such as collaborative learning, learning communities, service learning, instructional technology and online education to enhance retention.
- Provide access to students by posting office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Establish annual objectives to include personal and professional growth plans.
- Participate in student academic advising including supporting the Advising Office and assessment of student learning. Prepare reports as required.
- Assist in the identification and the recommendation of adjunct faculty.
- Supervise adjunct and dual credit instructors.
- Develop and maintain alliances with appropriate constituencies and institutions.
- Participate in division and college committees.
- Maintain current knowledge in subject-matter as well as effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
Education: A Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics or a Master’s degree in a related field with 18 hours of graduate credit in Mathematics.
Experience: Teaching experience at the post-secondary level including teaching with technology is preferred.
Minimum Salary: Minimum of $34,268 with Master’s Degree. Actual salary depends on experience, graduate hours beyond Master’s, overload or summer pay.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk while typing and answering phones; teach in a classroom setting for extended periods of time.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.