PART-TIME SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: temporary, part-time
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus and Country Club, Missouri-North Belt Center
Position Summary: Performs college computer systems activities.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
- Build and maintain a virtual (VMware) environment across multiple sites.
- Build and maintain servers and appliances in the test and production environments.
- Install system applications as needed.
- Apply updates and patches as required.
- Develop, implement, and test disaster recovery procedures.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical server resources.
- Maintain server backup jobs and media.
- Automate and maintain processes through scripting.
- Develop and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Install, update, and maintain SQL server including reporting software components
- Other duties as assigned.
- Day travel to remote locations necessary at times. Night, weekend, and on call work may be required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; may consider Associates and/or related work experience with certifications such as Windows Server certification or other nationally recognized certifications.
Experience:Experience managing Windows and Linux systems in a production environment. VMware knowledge is a plus.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus and remote sites; ascending and descending stairs; reaching, pulling, and pushing; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk while typing; must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.; use a ladder when needed; must be able to travel to and from site locations.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.