Personal Computer Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Staff
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Full-Time, 12-month
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus
Position Summary: The Personal Computer Specialist I installs and maintains computer workstations, computer lab equipment, and technology in the classrooms.
- Provide primary support for academic workstations.
- Provide secondary support for distance learning classrooms, administrative workstations, and telephone equipment.
- Provide administrative and academic software support, and support other lab equipment as needed.
- Maintain current inventory of equipment and mentor student workers.
- Cross train with Personal Computer Specialist II to perform other duties as needed.
- Occasional overtime and standby status will be necessary.
- Support helpdesk activities by taking incoming calls.
- Work with students in labs to resolve software and hardware questions when asked.
- Travel to other college sites and training is required and may involve an occasional overnight stay.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Knowledge of personal computers, local area networks, TCPIP, and software installations
Skills: Logical trouble shooting skills. Proficient in MS Office. Good organizational skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Demonstrated skill and ease in dealing with the public in a friendly, professional manner. Ability to trouble shoot problems in a computer environment. Basic electronics and audio visual knowledge helpful.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; ascending and descending stairs; reaching, pulling, and pushing when lifting, moving, or installing equipment; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk for extended periods of time while typing and answering phones; able to lift various pieces of computer equipment equating to 50 lbs.
Environmental Demands: fluctuations while walking on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.