DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Director of Advising and Retention
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Part-Time
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus
Position Summary:The part-time Test Proctor assists in the preparation of the testing room and administering tests to students.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Completes required, initial training prior to administering tests
- Proctor tests that are computer-based and paper-pencil (Checks identification before testing and seats examinees for testing
- Monitors students during test sessions to ensure a secure testing environment
- Assists in the distribution and collection of test material
- Provides aid to examinees in the completion of demographic information before starting the test
- Reports suspected irregularities to the Testing Coordinator
- Controls admission to and from the testing room
- Fills out appropriate paperwork for various exams
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma.
Experience: Working with computers and technology.
Skills: Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures. Possess strong communication and analytical skills. Ability to work with a large number of people and manage multiple tasks. Ability to work a flexible schedule. Ability to work well with students, faculty and staff.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus-25%; ascending and descending stairs-15%; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing-35%; able to do repetitive tasks-45%; remain stationary at a desk for extended periods of time -75%; Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment. Exposure to outside elements and environmental conditions.