The North Central Missouri College Library supports the curriculum and mission of North Central Missouri College by providing access to quality learning resources and instructional services. The library serves both on-campus and remote-access users and enriches not only the college community but also NCMC’s service region.
- Select and maintain a well-balanced collection of materials chosen for their quality, currency, and relevance to the academic curriculum and the educational needs of the community.
- Deliver professional information services that support the college’s academic curriculum and promote lifelong learning throughout the college community.
- Educate the college community in accessing and evaluating information, library research skills, and critical thinking through a comprehensive information literacy program.
- Provide onsite and remote access to materials and information in a variety of physical formats.
- Provide state-of-the-art learning tools.
- Maintain an environment conducive to individual and collaborative study.
The NCMC Library endorses the Library Bill of Rights and the Code of Ethics as set forth by the American Library Association, affirming the library as a forum for information and ideas.