Information for Online Orientation
Registration for NCMC’s on-campus OAR dates has closed!
All new students must complete an OAR before enrolling in classes.
The Academic Advisor would like to emphasize how important it is for students to attend an on-ground OAR session. Students have the opportunity to meet with various departments across campus, take a walking campus tour, meet their advisor, discuss their schedule in depth and become familiar with life on NCMC’s campus. However, we recognize that not everyone is able to attend an on-campus OAR session.
If you are unable to attend an on-campus OAR session, please follow the steps below to complete Online Orientation. You will not be eligible to register for your courses until the Online Orientation is completed.
Steps to complete Online Orientation
- Contact the Student Services Coordinator by calling (660) 359-3948 ext. 1418 to request to be added into the OAR organization module in Blackboard.
- Once you have been added to the OAR organization in Blackboard, log into myCOMPASS using your student ID number as your username and the 4-digit year you were born plus the last 4-digits of your SSN as the password (Ex. 19971234)
- Hover over the Menu in the upper-left corner of the myCOMPASS homepage. Click on Blackboard. Sign in using your myCOMPASS account.
- Under My Organizations, click on the “Orientation. Advising. Registration.” link.
- Under My Tasks, click on “Online Orientation for New Students” – turn up your volume and hit play!
- Complete the OAR quiz once you’ve finished the video – you must receive a 10/10 before being allowed to enroll in classes for the semester.
Expect the Online Orientation video to last approximately one hour. Follow the instructions at the end of the video to schedule your advising appointment with a Academic Advisor!
North Central Missouri College