Information for Online Orientation
Attending an OAR session is required for all degree-seeking students at NCMC. The Student Success Guides would like to emphasize how important it is for students to attend an on-ground OAR session. Students have the opportunity to meet with various departments across campus, take a walking campus tour, meet their advisor, discuss their schedule in depth and become familiar with life on NCMC’s campus. However, we recognize that not everyone is able to attend an on-campus OAR session.
If you are unable to attend an on-campus OAR session, please follow the steps below to complete Online Orientation. You will not be eligible to register for your courses until the Online Orientation is completed.
- Contact the Student Services Coordinator by calling (660) 359-3948 ext. 1418 to request being
added into the OAR organization module in Blackboard.
- Once you have been added to the OAR organization in Blackboard, go to www.ncmissouri.edu
and log into myCOMPASS using your student ID number as your username and the 4-digit year
you were born plus the last 4-digits of your SSN as the password (Ex. 19971234)
- Hover over the Menu in the upper-left corner of the myCOMPASS homepage. Click on
Blackboard. Sign in using your myCOMPASS account.
- Under My Organizations, click on the “Orientation. Advising. Registration.” link.
- Under My Tasks, click on “Online Orientation for New Students” – turn up your volume and hit
Expect the Online Orientation video to last approximately one hour. Follow the instructions at the end of the video to schedule your advising appointment with a Student Success Guide!
North Central Missouri College