- 4-Day Work Week during the summer
- Semester schedules are now online – no printing!
- Scanned documents for directories/resource guides and placing them on shared drives and jump drives – no copies!
- Custodians use cleaners, chemicals and equipment that all have the “green” seal
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, etc) are all made from recycled materials
- When replacing lights campus wide, the Physical Plant installs T8 lamps, which are more energy efficient
- Electronic valises are used in lights instead of magnetic.
- All lights and batteries are sent to a recycling center
- Programmable thermostats are used in buildings so they can be set back during off hours
- New AC units meet government rating standards
- HVAC systems are air-to-air heat pumps
- Empty toner cartridges from copy machines are sent to Rissler Elementary for recycling
- Discarded paper is used in staff printers
- Employees are encouraged to use both sides of paper before throwing away
- Recycle bins are located in all offices
- Posters, signs, folders, 3-ring binders, and divider sheets are recycled or reused
- Meeting minutes are posted on a shared drive or intranet – No printing or copying!
- The Bookstore recycles plastic (bags, bubble wrap, packaging, and bottles)
- Employee bookstore purchases are placed in recycled plastic bags from shipments
- Cardboard boxes from Bookstore shipments are recycled
- The Library and other areas utilize the “Energy Saver” setting on AC units
- • All graduation gowns are made by using recycled products