Accessibility Information

About NCMC
Future Student
Current Students
Alumni & Friends

NCMC Accessibility Support Service FAQs 

Who is a qualified individual with a disability in college?
A person with a disability who meets the academic and technical standards required for admission or participation in the college's programs or activities.

Can parents or others obtain a student's information from the Accessibility Support Services Office?
The Accessibility Support Service staff cannot share information about students without the student's written permission.

Can faculty or staff see a student's documentation of disability?
If it is determined that there is a need to know, documentation can be released to appropriate personnel. This release usually occurs when there is a threat to harm a person or property.

Can faculty or staff be told what the student's specific disability is?
No. However, two circumstances warrant faculty/staff access to specific information about a student's disability: The student gives permission to the Accessibility Support Services Office to disclose disability to faculty/staff. It is determined that there is a need to know. This circumstance usually occurs when there is a threat to harm a person or property.

How long will the Accessibility Support Services Office keep documentation?
The Accessibility Support Service Office keeps documentation for five years after the student has stopped attending North Central Missouri College.

Can a student or anyone else have a copy of the documentation?
The Accessibility Support Services Office will not release documentation without the student's permission. Releasing documentation is determined on a case-by-case basis.

Can the instructor notifications be issued for only one instructor?
Yes. Students may inform one, some or all of their instructors.

Can students change their minds about using or not using accommodations?
Yes, but accommodations are never retroactive. For example, a student cannot set up accommodations at midterm and expect to be able to retake tests with accommodation that were taken prior to midterm.

Will the Instructor Notification Memo be automatically given to students every semester?
They are not issued automatically. Each semester, students must make an appointment with the Accessibility Support Services Office to request accommodations.

I have a physical disability and do not need any accommodations.  Do I still have to visit with the Accessibility Support Services Office?
Students with physical access concerns are encouraged to meet with the Accessibility Support Services Office to learn about specific campus access, parking, and crisis evacuations. However, it is not necessary or required that students request accommodations.

Will my disability keep me from being admitted to NCMC?
No.  Complete your application for admission and submit it to the College as soon as possible.  Please visit: for instructions on how to apply!

What if I just need tutoring services?
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) is a free tutoring service to all students and is located on the Trenton campus. Please visit: for more information
The Student Support Services (SSS) also provides tutoring for those who qualify.  Please visit: for more information.