CLEP (accept credit-only)
College Level Examination Program
North Central Missouri College accepts CLEP credit as posted below. NCMC does NOT provide CLEP testing on campus.
- NCMC will grant up to 30 semester hours credit based on satisfactory CLEP scores.
- Students are advised to attempt CLEP credit only through the Subject Examinations.
- Within the 30-hour limitation, a maximum of 24 semester hours may be earned for the General Examination.
- CLEP credit is applicable toward all degrees and certificates offered by the college.
- The student must be enrolled at NCMC and have earned traditional college credit at NCMC before CLEP credit will be entered on the permanent record. There is a $10 per credit hour recording fee for each course transcripted.
- CLEP credit will NOT be awarded when comparable work has already been completed, attempted, or audited. The minimum scores required to earn CLEP credit may change without notice.
- College/universities to which the student may transfer, reserve the right to re-evaluate and grant credit or NOT grant credit in terms of their own CLEP policies.
- CLEP credit does not count toward a students’ GPA.
- Determine which CLEP examination(s) you should take by working with your advisor.
- On the Registration Form, write NCMC’s CLEP Code #6830 in the score recipient’s space.
- Arrange to take the test(s) at any CLEP testing center nationwide. NCMC is NOT a CLEP testing center.
- The contact person at the test center will advise you regarding the procedure they want you to follow in completing the Registration Form and the actual testing procedures.
CLEP SUBJECT EXAMINATIONS
NCMC’s Equivalent Courses and Credit
|CLEP Course Name||NCMC Course ID & Name||Credits|
|American Government||PL216||National Government||3|
|American Literature||EN261||American Lit before 1865||3|
|Biology||BI890||Life Science Elective||3|
|Chemistry||PS890||Physical Science Elective||3|
|College Algebra||MT122||College Algebra||3|
|College Comp Modular||EN101||English I||3|
|College Composition||EN101||English I & English II||6|
|College Mathematics||MT119||Contemporary Math||3|
|English Literature||EN230||English Lit I||3|
|Financial Accounting||BA890||Business Elective||3|
|French Language||FL120||Elementary French I & II||6|
|German Language||FL110||Elementary German||4|
|Hist of the US I||HI103||Am Hist To 1877||3|
|Hist of the US II||HI104||Am Hist Since 1877||3|
|Hum Growth & Dev||PY233||Human Growth & Devel||3|
|Information Systems||IT110||Intro To Computers||3|
|Intro Business Law||BA221||Business Law||3|
|Intro Psychology||PY121||General Psychology||3|
|Intro Sociology||SO107||General Sociology||3|
|Intro to Ed Psych||SO890||Social Science Elective||3|
|Pr of Macroeconomics||EC253||Macroeconomics||3|
|Pr of Microeconomics||EC252||Microeconomics||3|
|Prin of Management||BA150||Prin Of Management||5|
|Prin of Marketing||BA154||Prin Of Marketing||3|
|Soc Sci & History||SO890||Social Science Elective||3|
|Spanish Language||FL100||Spanish I & Spanish II||6|
|West Civ I||HI101||Western Civ To 1700||3|
|West Civ II||HI102||West Civ Since 1700||3|