Upward Bound Academic Year
Academic Assistance A2
- At least one hour a week, until evaluated and adjusted (if needed) at 1st quarter, 1st semester, and 3rd quarter grade reports.
- Students can opt-out after their first year, if they have all A’s & B’s.
- Students with a C are required one hour each week, D’s or F’s required two hours each week.
- Self-tutoring is available for students who are involved in sports or other school activities that prevents the student from attending A2.
A2 Locations & Times
- Grundy R-V HS, Library
Monday, 2:47-4:47 pm
- Hamilton R-II, Library
Monday, 3:00-5:00 pm
- Trenton R-IX, Geyer Hall 221
Tuesday, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Gallatin R-V, Library
Tuesday, 3:00-5:00 pm
- Chillicothe R-II, Writer’s Den
Wednesday, 2:53-4:53 pm
- Tri-County R-VII, Business Room
Wednesday, 3:05-5:05 pm
- Held one Saturday a month on the NCMC campus.
- Transportation is provided from each high school to the NCMC campus.
- Students learn valuable information and benefit from the fostering a sense of community among UB students.
- Extreme Saturdays include:
- Workshops to target academic, social, or emotional needs
- Career Presentations
- Community Service
- POD Mentoring/Team Building activities