The A+ Program will pay for tuition up to the point you have completed one hundred and five (105) percent of the hours required for the program in which you are currently enrolled, you complete a degree or certificate, or 48 months since your high school graduation has expired, whichever occurs first.
For example, John Smith is interested in completing his AA degree, which requires 62 credit hours. The A+ Program will cover 65 credit hours (62 x 1.05), which is all of the credit hours needed for John to graduate, in addition to one other class.
To maximize A+ Program benefits, students should limit coursework to required classes for their degree. During their tenure, students can take an additional 3 credit hours. The additional 3 credit hours can include a remedial/developmental studies class or any other 3 credit class not required for their degree.
- All hours, including developmental/remedial hours, completed at North Central Missouri College.
- All hours, whether they are accepted in transfer or not, taken at any other A+ Program eligible institution. (Community College/Career or Technical School)
- Accepted transfer hours taken at any non-eligible A+ Program institution (four-year universities/private), including out-of-state.
105% does NOT include:
- Hours earned for work completed BEFORE high school graduation including, but not limited to: dual credit, dual enrollment, technical education articulation, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate.
- Hours from a non-participating institution (four-year, private, out of state) not accepted in transfer by a participating institution.
A+ Program benefits are paid for (maximum of $189.00 per credit hour) by the State of Missouri after any federal or state grant for which you are eligible is applied.