North Central Missouri College provides accessible, affordable, and quality educational programs, with emphasis on excellence in teaching, learning, student services, diversity and inclusiveness, and workforce development to all communities and rural areas of our 17-county service region.
North Central Missouri College aspires to provide exemplary academic programs and services to advance educational attainment and regional economic development.
STATEMENT OF ETHICS
As representatives of North Central Missouri College, we share the responsibility to conduct ourselves with integrity, to act in a fair, consistent, and equitable manner. We value the potential of individuals, care about their success and recognize the need for openness and reliability in what we say and do. We are committed to addressing issues in a forthright and professional manner and to separating people from issues as we engage people in problem solving without prejudice.
As representatives of North Central Missouri College, we are committed to personal and academic excellence in all that we do and to adhere to the principles of ethical behavior established in this statement. The conduct of each member of North Central Missouri College is expected to be consistent and comply with the principles contained in this statement and with the Board of Trustees Manual. We expect each employee to model the responsibility and integrity within the college community and will never tolerate demeaning or endangering behaviors.
ALL MEMBERS OF NORTH CENTRAL MISSOURI COLLEGE ARE EXPECTED TO ENGAGE IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Practice personal and academic integrity;
- Respect the dignity of all persons;
- Respect the right and property of others;
- Discourage bigotry, learn from diverse differences in people, ideas, and opinions;
- Demonstrate concern for others, their feelings and their need for conditions which support their work and development;
- Refrain from and discourage behaviors which threaten freedom and respect all NCMC community members deserve;
- Accommodate students regardless of socioeconomic circumstances
To fulfill the NCMC mission and strive to meet our visionary aspirations, we are committed to the following principles to guide our thoughts and actions:
- Upholding high academic standards, rigor, and uncompromising integrity that encourages and promotes intellectual growth
- Supporting faculty and staff in their professional development and progression
- Modeling and maintaining high-standards of integrity, transparency, and ethics through social and personal responsibility
- Providing a safe environment that supports diversity and inclusion as part of life and learning
- Meeting workforce demand by being responsive to changing economic conditions and the needs of business and industry
- Partnering with regional K-12 schools and career technical schools where opportunities exist and arise
- Providing state-of-the-art technology in our learning and work environment
- Active engagement as a community and regional partner
- Enhancing institutional effectiveness through a campus-wide culture of assessment
- Serving as good stewards of our financial and human resources
- Taking pride in the care and condition of safe facilities
- Valuing co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities as extensions of learning