Accounting & Business Technology Online Certificate
The one-year certificate is designed to provide applicable skills for today’s competitive job market. All courses apply toward an AAS in Business & Technology.
Suggested Course Outline
|AC136 Elementary Accounting I||3||AC137 Elementary Accounting II||3|
|BT130 Business Communications||3||AC186 Payroll Accounting||3|
|BT180 Digitools||2||BT190 Spreadsheet Applications||3|
|AC206 Computer Accounting||3||BT170 Database Concepts||3|
|BT240 Employment Strategies||1||BT260 Microcomputer Applications II||3|
|BT160 Microcomputer Applications I||3||Total||15|
*Please see your advisor or the NCMC Academic Catalog for specific course choices in each area.
- Dual credit/Transfer credit – This plan is designed for students with no dual or transfer credit. Consider any prior college credit to avoid repeating coursework. We will need official transcripts for these courses.
- Developmental Studies – This plan assumes that the student does not need to take Developmental Studies courses. Placement test scores determine whether or not the student will need to complete Developmental Studies courses. You can learn more about Developmental Studies courses in the NCMC Academic Catalog.
- Tracking Classes – It is very important to meet with your advisor prior to enrollment every semester. Your advisor will be sure that you are staying on track to graduate, taking appropriate courses that will transfer, meeting transfer requirements, and remain eligible for any financial aid.
- Financial Aid – Financial Aid can be affected by the number of credit hours you take each semester. Speak with a Financial Aid Representative if you have questions or want to withdraw from a class.
- Changes – Keep your advisor informed of any degree changes or future educational goals. If you start to struggle, your advisor can assist you in developing a plan to get you back on track!
Job outlook and wage information from What Can I Do With This Major are based on national data.
NCMC Contact Information
Phone: (660) 359-3948 ext. 1320