Learn new skills to enhance your business and career!
*Courses are not taught by NCMC personnel or recorded on an NCMC transcript.
Upcoming Non-Credit* Classes
Microsoft Office Fundamentals
A new community education course at NCMC is now enrolling participants for Microsoft Office Fundamentals. The six-week, non-credit course is open to members of the public, and enrollees do not need to be NCMC students. Microsoft Office Fundamentals will be held on Mondays from 6:00-8:00 p.m. beginning March 28 through May 2 on the NCMC Main Campus in Hoffman Hall 101 in Trenton, MO.
Microsoft Office Fundamentals, taught by Kayce Terhune, will introduce participants to three of the most popular Microsoft Office 365 programs: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Participants will learn how to create and format Word documents, create basic worksheets and calculations in Excel, and design attractive slides in PowerPoint. Basic keyboard and computer operating skills required.
The cost to register is $85, and all instructional equipment and material will be provided. The deadline to register is March 21. For more information and or to register, visit NCMC Coursestorm or contact Stefanie Dowell, Academic Affairs Specialist, at (660) 357-6301.
How do online Ed2Go courses work?
Ed2Go’s online courses can be accessed over the Internet at any time of day or night. All courses consist of 12 lessons, live instructor support, and each course is supplemented with interactive quizzes, assignments, tutorials, and online discussion areas. Courses are offered once a month and run for six weeks.
• Each online course has 12 lessons available on the Internet. Two lessons are released each week for six weeks on Wednesdays and Fridays. After the final lesson is released at the end of six weeks, a final examination will be released and available for two additional weeks.
• Each lesson takes approximately two hours to complete and includes interactive quizzes, assignments, tutorials, and online discussion areas.
• You may take each lesson any day of the week and any time of the day or night within a 7-10 day grace period from the day the lesson is first available.
• If you want a record of your participation in the class, you will need to take the first quiz, and it is suggested that you take the quiz at the end of each lesson.
• You are required to take the final exam for the course if you want a completion certificate.
What do I need to take an online course?
• Internet access
• Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer web browser
• The latest Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins. Visit http://www.adobe.com/downloads and click Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader to download these free plug-ins.
What software and other materials do I need to take my chosen course?
View the course catalog at: https://www.ed2go.com/ncmissouri/. Choose the department, then the course you are interested in. Click on the requirements tab. A list of necessary software and course materials will be listed there. You must have the software type and version installed before the class starts, unless the requirements state otherwise.
What skills are helpful in being successful in online learning?
Taking a course over the Internet requires the ability to:
• Work independently;
• Devise your own schedule for “attending” class and completing assignments.
• Have the self-discipline and self-motivation to work on a flexible schedule without falling behind.
• Accept greater responsibility for your success than students in traditional classroom settings.
Do I need to come to the NCMC campus?
No, the course is completed entirely online.
Can I take my course from more than one computer?
Yes—from any computer, anywhere on the planet with reliable Internet access.
Can I take more than one course at a time?
Yes. However, remember that each lesson takes approximately two hours, so you need to budget about four hours per week per course to allow time to do your lessons.
Do I need a username and password?
Yes, but not from NCMC. You will create your own username and password when you request a registration form for your class from https://www.ed2go.com/ncmissouri/.
What happens if I go away on vacation for a week or get behind?
No problem. You can request a ten-day extension if you fall behind (but no more than one extension per course). You will be given instructions on how to request an extension in the orientation.
How much do the courses cost?
Most Ed2Go noncredit continuing education online courses at NCMC are $89.
How do I begin my course?
When you are ready to take your course, go to https://www.ed2go.com/ncmissouri/.
• At the top of the web page, click on “My Classroom”;
• Type in your username and password (it is case sensitive) that you created when you registered for the course and click the “Sign in” button;
• You should see an ‘Enter’ link for each of the classes that you have filled out a request for;
• Click on the ‘Enter’ button for your class, and you’ll see the links (tabs) for the resources, lessons, quizzes, assignments, discussion and completion;
• Click on the link for your first lesson;
• You should then be able to enter the online classroom and begin your studies;
• The first lesson is not available until noon on the class start date.
Will I get a certificate?
To be eligible for a certificate, you must take the final exam and you must receive a grade of 70 or above on your final exam.
Once you have passed the class, it is your responsibility to print the online “Letter of Completion” before the classroom closes. The online completion letter can be found by logging into your classroom:
• Click on the “Completion” tab at the top of each web page in your course, or click on the link titled “Completion” on the bottom of each web page in your course; and
• Scroll to the bottom of the web page, and click on the link for the completion letter.
The “Letter of Completion” is far more detailed than any certificate we could send you and should meet your needs.