YOU ARE THE FUTURE OF DENTAL HYGIENE
Begin your journey toward an Associate of Applied Science degree in Dental Hygiene through NCMC’s partnership with State Fair Community College in Sedalia, Missouri. To get started, enroll as an NCMC student where you can complete all of the general education classes required for State Fair’s program. Following successful acceptance and completion of the core program, State Fair Community College will confer the degree.
What is a Dental Hygienist?
A dental hygienist cleans teeth, examine patients’ for signs of oral pathology, and provides other preventative dental care. They also educate patients on ways to improve and maintain optimum oral health. Dental hygienist typically do the following: remove tarter, stains, and plaque from teeth, provide therapy to treat periodontal disease, administer local anesthesia, apply sealants and fluorides to help prevent tooth decay, take dental x-rays, assess patients’ oral health and report findings to the dentist, document patient care and treatment plans, and educate patients about oral hygiene techniques, such as how to brush and floss correctly.
Must complete pre-requisite courses prior to beginning the program with a “C” or above
|HI103||*American History to 1877 OR|
|HI104||*American History Since 1877 OR|
- *Testing Required
- **Requires pre-requisite of Anatomy
- Dual credit/Transfer credit This plan is designed for students with no dual or transfer credit. If you have taken courses at other colleges, you will need to provide official transcripts to NCMC.
- Developmental Studies This plan assumes that the student does not need to take Developmental Studies courses. Placement test scores determine whether or not the student will need to complete Developmental Studies courses. You can learn more about Developmental Studies courses in the NCMC Academic Catalog.
- General Education at NCMC
- Core Dental Hygiene program at State Fair Community College in Sedalia, MO
- For application deadlines and other requirements about this program visit State Fair’s website.
Program Contact Information
Kristi Cutsinger, MBA
Program Coordinator of Health Sciences
North Central Missouri College
1301 Main Street
Trenton, MO 64683