As an AAS student in the EMT-P Management track, you will complete 36 credit hours with NCMC. The AAS is designed to prepare a student for employment in a specific occupational area.
This program is designed to meet the needs of Licensed Paramedics, (EMT-P) who are currently employed but wish to pursue further education. The program will provide preparation in health sciences. Paramedics licensed in the state of Missouri will receive advanced placement into the Associate in Applied Science degree in Emergency Medical Technology-Paramedic program. Thirty (30) college credit hours will be awarded toward the degree for the completion of requirements of the paramedic program.
|HI103||*American History to 1877 OR|
|HI104||*American History Since 1877 OR|
|BT160||Microcomputer Applications I||3|
|BA150||Principles of Management||3|
|AH106||Math for Allied Health (or higher)||3|
|BA161||**Human Resource Management||3|
- *Testing Required
- **These courses require another course to be taken prior
- Dual credit/Transfer credit – This plan is designed for students with no dual or transfer credit. Consider any prior college credit to avoid repeating coursework. We will need official transcripts for these courses.
- Developmental Studies – This plan assumes that the student does not need to take Developmental Studies courses. Placement test scores determine whether or not the student will need to complete Developmental Studies courses. You can learn more about Developmental Studies courses in the NCMC Academic Catalog.
Upon completion of the Emergency Medical Technology/Paramedic AAS degree, the graduate will be able to:
- Utilize appropriate assessment and triage skills in all areas of medical/trauma situations;
- Apply knowledge and skills learned to safe professional practice as and EMT-P.
- Must receive core Paramedic courses off campus
- Complete Health Track or Management Track courses
- Minimum of “C” or above required in all courses
- Provide NCMC with copy of Missouri Paramedic License prior to applying for graduation