Online PN to ADN
1301 Main street, Trenton, MO 64683
For our Online PN to ADN Program, all course work is delivered in the online format. Online chats and faculty tutoring are regularly available to students in the program. Onsite labs, at the main campus in Trenton or outreach site in Maryville, and some weekday and/or weekend clinical are required. This program has 35 seats and starts each August.
Out of state applicants: Please validate with your State Board of Nursing to ensure a program of this nature will meet your state’s educational requirements for licensure.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many days per week do I need to be on campus?
- Answer: Students in the Online PN to ADN program are not required to be on campus weekly. There will be 2-3 times per semester that students are required to travel to campus for skills checks and simulation lab. These dates are posted in advance so that students can plan accordingly.
- How is clinical set up?
- Answer: Clinical is scheduled in block rotations (2-4 days per month). Some are week days and some weekends, so students may request their preference according to their work schedules. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate all preferences based on the availability of the clinical site. Clinical schedules are posted as the semester begins so that students can plan accordingly for work and other outside commitments.
- Where is clinical?
- Answer: All clinical for the Online PN to ADN program is currently held at Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph, MO.
- Can I do my clinical rotations at a location close to where I live with a preceptor?
- No, this program does not utilize preceptors. Since this is a pre-licensure ADN program, all clinical must be done on location at Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph, MO or on the NCMC campus.
- Do I need to find a proctor for exams?
- Answer: No, all testing can be completed at home. The NCMC Nursing Department utilizes a secure online testing software that students subscribe to each semester.
Nursing Administrative Assistant
(660) 359-3948 ext. 1900