Research Medical Center
The Radiology Technology program is offered through Research Medical Center in Kansas City, MO. The first year students take their general education courses at NCMC. Once they are accepted into the Radiology Technology program, students will complete the required curriculum at Research Medical Center for the core 23-month program. Once the student has successfully completed the requirements (curriculum courses at NCMC, 15 hours with NCMC, core program at Research, and submitted final Research transcript), NCMC will confer the degree.
What is a Radiologic Technologist
A radiologic technologist, also known as radiographers, perform diagnostic imaging examinations, such as x-rays, on patients. Radiologic technologists typically do the following: adjust and maintain imaging equipment, precisely follow orders from physicians on what areas of the body to image, prepare patients for procedures, protect the patient by shielding exposed areas that do not need to be imaged, position the patient and the equipment in order to get the correct image, operate the computerized equipment to take the images, work with physicians to evaluate the images and to determine whether additional images need to be taken, and keep detailed patient records. They may also specialize in mammography, which uses low-dose x-ray systems to produce images of the breast. They may be certified in multiple specialties.
- Pre-Requisite and general education courses at NCMC
- Core Radiology Technology program at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, MO
- Research Application Deadline: December 31
- Minimum of “C” or above required in pre-requisite and general education courses
- Minimum GPA is 2.75 in required courses
- This is a 5-day a week program
- The core program is 23-months – Starts in July
- Anatomy, Physiology, and College Algebra must be taken within last 5 years
- Once all requirements are met, the student must submit a final Research transcript to NCMC
- Radiology Technology Cost
- Radiology Technology Application Process
- Radiology Technology Curriculum
Job outlook and wage information from What Can I Do With This Major are based on national data.
NCMC Contact Information
Kristi Cutsinger, MBA
Program Coordinator of Health Sciences
North Central Missouri College
1301 Main Street
Trenton, MO 64683
Radiology Technology Contact Information
Don Hessel, MBA, R.T. (R)
2301 E. Meyer Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64132