Student Rights and Responsibilities
As a student you have the right to:
- Know what financial assistance is available to you, including federal, state and institutional financial aid programs.
- Know the deadlines and processes for submitting applications for each applicable financial aid program.
- Know your financial need and how it is determined.
- Know your cost of attendance and how student budgets are developed.
- An explanation of the types of aid contained in your financial aid award and how to retain eligibility for those funds.
- Cancel loan proceeds within the required timeframe.
- Consult with a financial aid representative for assistance with the application process, budgeting and any financial aid concerns.
- Know what portion of your aid package is grant or gift aid and what portion must be repaid.
- Know where to locate interest rates, total amount to be repaid, procedures for repayment and repayment time frames for any federal direct loan.
- Know the criteria for continued financial aid eligibility, including guidelines for the determination of both Academic and Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Know the method and frequency of financial aid disbursements.
- An appeal process for reconsideration of the award of financial aid, placement on financial aid warning or suspension and dependency status.
As a student you have the responsibility to:
- Be aware of your ability to pay any institutional charges based on your available financial aid and personal resources.
- Review your NCMC Pirate email account on at least a weekly basis.
- Review your myCompass account on at least a weekly basis.
- Review accuracy of all completed financial aid applications and meet the respective deadlines.
- Review and understand the terms and conditions of your financial aid award.
- Provide all requested documents in a timely manner while ensuring that all submitted materials are complete and accurate.
- Read and understand all forms that you are asked to submit or sign, and seek clarification if needed.
- Know and comply with all policies and procedures of North Central Missouri College.
- Know and comply with the College’s refund procedures.
- Complete student loan exit counseling prior to either graduation or withdrawal, if/when applicable.
- Seek answers and information if clarification or additional information is needed regarding responsibilities, obligations, requirements, and timelines.
- Maintain and track both Academic and Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) according to the policies set forth by the College.
Revised August 2019 (SW)