- Sign into the FAFSA and on the homepage select that you wish to “Make A Correction to an Existing FAFSA.” Select the appropriate year.
- Once you are inside the FAFSA, select “Financial Information” on the menu bar. (Figure 1-1)
- On the Financial Information page, answer the IRS Data Retrieval Tool questions appropriately. If the IRS determines you are eligible, you can perform the Data Retrieval. Click on the “Link to IRS” button. (Figure 1-2)
- You will be taken to a page that will inform you that you will be leaving the FAFSA. Click “Proceed to IRS Site”. (Figure 1-3)
- Click “Ok” to agree to the authorized use page. (Figure 2-1)
- Fill in the required information and click “Submit.” (Figure 2-2)
- Verify the information you entered, select “Transfer My Tax Information into the FAFSA” and click “Transfer Now”. (Figure 2-3)
- You will receive confirmation that your tax information imported into the FAFSA. (Figure 2-4)
- You will be directed back to the FAFSA. It is important that you do not change the financial information that was imported from the IRS. On the top menu bar, click “Sign & Submit”. (Figure 3-1)
- Under the “Sign & Submit” page, you will be notified that you have made changes and that your application was saved (Figure 3-2). Click “Next” at the bottom of the page. (Figure 3-3)
- In order for NCMC to receive your updated FAFSA you will need to “Sign & Submit” your FAFSA. Verify your information, read the terms, agree to the terms, click “sign” if you agree, and then click “Submit My FAFSA Now”. (Figure 3-4)
You are finished!!!
- Your FAFSA may take 3-5 days to arrive at NCMC.
- Once we receive your FAFSA we may contact you if we determine that additional documentation is needed.
- If you are having trouble logging into the IRS website to transfer your IRS information, you must contact the IRS to resolve your issue. The NCMC Office of Financial Aid cannot provide technical assistance for this website.
- If you are still having issues you may call the IRS to request a tax return transcript. Please visit the instructions on our verification page for details.