CLASSIFICATION: Work Study
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Student Services Coordinator
LENGTH: Summer (summer employment may lead to fall employment)
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus Position Summary: The work study student serves as the front desk receptionist and primary switchboard operator for the college
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Serve as front desk receptionist and primary switchboard operator for the college
- Answer the phones in a friendly, professional manner and transfer calls to appropriate departments
- Must be familiar with the campus extension numbers and faculty/staff office locations campus wide
- Knowledge of how to open and close department, including turning computers on and off, as well as sanitizing front desk and reception area
- Greet everyone that enters the ASC and facilitate their use of college services, including NCMC faculty/staff members
- Help with miscellaneous work from other departments as instructed. You may need to finish a project the student worker before you has started.
- Follow the posted procedures for answering and directing phone calls, and greeting and directing walk-in traffic
Skills: Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Strong phone and face to face etiquette. Strong organizational skills. Ability to work collaboratively with others
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus-25%; ascending and descending stairs-15%; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing-35%; able to do repetitive tasks-45%; remain stationary at a desk for extended periods of time while typing and answering phones -75%
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while walking on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.