CLASSIFICATION: Classified (hourly)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of the WDB
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
FULL TIME/PART TIME: Full-Time, works year round
LOCATION: Kirksville or Hannibal Missouri Job Center
Position Summary: The Compliance Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the programs operated by the Workforce Development Boards remain in compliance with state and federal guidelines. Employee will have the choice of working from either the Kirksville or Hannibal Missouri Job Center. This job requires some travel.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Monitor the Board and its sub-recipients to ensure program and Equal Opportunity regulations are being adhered to;
- Serve as the recipient’s liaison with State WIOA EO Officer;
- Attend training offered by OWD;
- Train local staff on equal opportunity topics and program updates;
- Assist in processing complaints.
- Investigate and resolve program complaints;
- Prepare various program and EO reports as required; submit reports to WDB Director, Workforce Development Board and OWD;
- Provide relevant information to WDB Director / Workforce Development Board in:
- The evaluation and selection of program subcontractors
- The development of subcontractor corrective action plans as necessary; and
- Serve as WDB lead during the annual OWD Continuous Improvement Review.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s degree and/or multiple years’ experience which must include a combination of training, data analysis, and regulatory compliance.
Experience: Experience with operating grant programs is beneficial.
Skills: Must possess the ability to work with many different types of groups; must be proficient in MS Office; good organizational and communication skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality is necessary. Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel independently.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; driving and traveling in a car from one location to another; ascending and descending stairs; reaching, pulling, and pushing; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk for extended periods of time while typing and answering phones.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment; driving in weather conditions involving snow and rain.