REPORTS TO: Dean of Instruction, Program Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Part-time, as needed
Position Summary: Provide course and clinical instruction in accordance with institutionally-approved learning outcomes.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advance student learning through exemplary instruction in accordance with the established course syllabus.
- Model effective oral and written communication that engages students, provides clarity, and improves student learning.
- Facilitate course activities in an organized and comprehensible manner.
- Establish clear expectations for all course activities while being responsive to student questions.
- Encourage critical thinking and analysis throughout course activities.
- Ensure the content and level of material included within course activities correspond to the student learning objectives of the course.
- Demonstrate consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of assignments and exams.
- Provide timely feedback to students throughout the course.
- Continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, instructional technology, and distance education to enhance student learning and retention.
- Maintain student records as required by NCMC.
- Remain current with subject-matter as well as effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Adhere to NCMC policies as outlined in the NCMC Faculty Handbook.
- Attend meeting and college functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate degree or higher in a Sonography-related field is preferred.
Experience: Must be a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with ARDMS, while also possessing Abdomen (AB) certification. RDMS Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
certification is preferred or demonstrate a willingness to earn OB/GYN certification by January 2024. Preference will be given to candidates with at least 2-years of experience as a professional general sonographer.
Skills: Proven organizational, analytical and time management skills. Ability to build relationships and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Strong verbal, written, and communication skills.
Physical Demands: Moving about between the classroom, office space, and clinical location; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk while typing; teaching in a classroom setting for extended periods.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.