Position Summary: The work study student assists in working the front desk in Frey and tasks in the offices of the marketing, development, business office, public relations, and president’s office.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Greet and assist people when entering Frey find the correct department or individual they are seeking
- Assist the marketing office with marketing materials, social media posts, and other elements involving graphic design, creative displays, and digital marketing
- Assist the development office with various mailings, office tasks, events, and filing
- Assist the public relations office with photography, newsletters, mailers, media relations, and events
- Assist the business office with tasks such as scanning, filing, mail, and other office duties
- Assist the president’s office with events, activities, and public affairs Various other office tasks and duties as assigned
Skills: Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail. Strong organizational skills. Ability to work collaboratively with others. Strong computer skills and social networking knowledge. Work with design software is preferred but not required. This student will be working with a variety of legislators, donors, and executives on a daily basis, they must be able to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus-30%; ascending and descending stairs-5%; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing-20%; able to do repetitive tasks-10%; remain stationary at a desk for extended periods of time while typing35%