Classification : Work study
Department Supervisor: Technical Support Engineer
Length: Fall and Spring
Location: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus
Position Summary: IT Technical Assistant supports IT Services staff with operational and project needs. The candidate must have great interpersonal skills, strong information technology skills, pay attention to detail, and type accurately. Key attributes for the successful candidate will be positive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow with NCMC IT Services.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist IT Services personnel with providing end user support, equipment installation, technology maintenance tasks, and projects
- Maintain and monitor NCMC computer labs as needed
- Answer email and telephone inquiries and work well under pressure
- Log all support interactions and communication records in IT ticketing system
- Track and route problems and requests
- Research solutions and information regarding technical issues
- Preserve and grow knowledge of support processes, products, and services; document internal procedures to populate knowledge base
- Monitor daily open tickets in the Helpdesk Ticket Queue
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Other duties as assigned
Skills: Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Demonstrated skill and ease in dealing with the public in a friendly, professional manner. Strong ability to troubleshoot technology device problems. Knowledge of local area networks, TCPIP, and software installations. Ability to work collaboratively with others. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes. Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines. Experience using and troubleshooting of Microsoft products (OS and Office). Previous experience providing clerical or administrative support in a business setting is a plus.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus and remote sites; ascending and descending stairs; reaching, pulling, and pushing when lifting, moving, or installing equipment; remaining stationary at a desk while typing and answering phones; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and use a ladder when needed.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.