Reporting Structure: Reports to the Manager of Facilities at Ketcham Community Center
Position Summary: Ketcham Center Attendants are responsible for working with NCMC students and the public to provide customer service in a recreational center environment. Attendants also provide assistance with set-up/tear down and staffing for events and activities.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Greet members and provide assistance to customer requests
- Answer phone calls regarding inquiries about the Ketcham Center and assist with reserving rooms
- Set up individual membership accounts and provide membership information
- Monitor member sign-in and log
- Work concession stand at community events, basketball games, and recreational activities
- Work admissions gate at events, collect money and verify passes
- Assist in crowd control and flow as needed
- Set-up/tear down tables, chairs, equipment, and other prep as needed before and after events
- General housekeeping and cleaning
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma. Some college preferred.
Experience: Customer service experience preferred
Skills: Ability to work with the public in a large setting; ability to work in large crowds; excellent customer service skills; basic computer skills and phone etiquette.
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
Physical Demands: Able to lift up to 25 lbs.; moving about between floors, bleachers, and rooms, ascending and descending stairs; Ability to handle high noise levels; reaching, pulling, and pushing when setting up equipment, tables and chairs; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk for extended periods while working on a computer, answering phones, and dealing with the public.
Environmental Demands: fluctuations while walking on gym flooring, concrete, and tile in a heated and air conditioned environment.