DEPARTMENT: Math, History, English, Speech, Welding, Machining, Electricity/Electronics, Agriculture, Accounting
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Academic Affairs or Appropriate Dean
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: part-time, as needed
LOCATION: North Belt Center, County Club, Missouri and Online Instruction
Position Summary: Teach a range of classes part time in designated field.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Advance student learning through exemplary instruction in accordance with the established course syllabus.
- Model effective oral and written communication that engages the students, provides clarity and improves student learning.
- Set clear expectations for the course by publishing grading criteria, assignments and examination dates on course syllabus and Blackboard.
- Ensure the content and level of material included on exams and assignments corresponds to the student learning objectives of the course.
- Demonstrate consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams and assignments.
- Provide timely feedback to students.
- Continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, instructional technology and distance education to enhance student learning and retention.
- Maintain student records as required by NCMC.
- Maintain current knowledge in subject-matter as well as effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Follow NCMC policies as outlined in the NCMC Adjunct Faculty Handbook.
- Attend meeting and college functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Instructors teaching general education/transfer areas must hold a Master’s degree in area of assignment, or any Master’s degree with at least 18 hours of graduate courses in area of concentration. Instructors teaching in career/technical areas must hold a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent professional experience in the field.
Experience: Prefer individual who has taught courses at the college level to include distance and on-line learning in a technology-oriented environment. Must have a commitment to teaching excellence.
Skills: Proven organizational, analytical and time mgmt. skills. Ability to build relationships and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Strong verbal, written, and communication skills.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk while typing; teaching in a classroom setting for extended periods.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.