CLASSIFICATION: Classified Staff
DEPARTMENT: Nursing and Health Sciences
REPORTS TO: Dean of Instruction
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Full-time, permanent, works year round
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus
Position Summary: Provide a variety of secretarial and clerical functions within the Health Sciences Division with primary responsibility to the Dean of Instruction, Practical Nursing Program Director and Associate Degree Nursing Program Director, in addition to faculty members. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Division by coordinating all office activities.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Greet visitors who come into the office in a friendly and professional manner. Provide information or assistance utilizing knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Answer office telephone for the purpose of providing or accepting information. Calls should be received in a friendly and professional manner.
- Attend area college/career fairs for the purpose of recruiting students to attend NCMC nursing and health science programs
- Conduct visits to area technical school PN Programs for the purpose of recruiting students to attend NCMC’s PN to ADN program
- Disseminate program information and admission packets to potential students.
- Advises students on academic program requirements.
- Type, copy and collate educational materials, business correspondence, exams and materials for the program directors and faculty within the division.
- Collect, sort and distribute faculty mail.
- Compose and write correspondence in order to respond to routine letters of inquiry.
- Maintain current student files and data base.
- Maintain division files.
- Inventory division supplies.
- Supervise work-study personnel.
- Compile application data; review files and inform applicants of admission deficits.
- Compose, type and distribute minutes of division meetings.
- Collect and maintain up-to-date medical files on all nursing students.
- Maintain up-to-date mailing lists of facilities and personnel.
- Prepare flyers, posters and other media productions for Health Sciences Division.
- Communicate professionally with other divisions/departments and community contacts.
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Schedule rooms for classes
- Responsible for editing content on the Nursing & Health Sciences pages of the college website
- Track division budget
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Associate degree preferred; related training and experience may be accepted as a substitute.
Skills: Proficient in MS Office. Proven organizational, analytical and time management skills. Ability to build relationships and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus, ascending and descending stairs; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk for extended periods of time while typing and answering phones
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while walking on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.