DEPARTMENT: Nursing & Health Sciences
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator of Health Sciences (Ext 1284 – [email protected])
LENGTH: Fall, Spring, (Summer – if money left)
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus
Position Summary: The work study student serves as the front desk receptionist and directs foot traffic for the Nursing & Health Sciences office suite.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Serve as front desk receptionist
- Answer the phones in a friendly, professional manner and transfer calls to appropriate faculty/staff
- Must be familiar with the department extension numbers and faculty/staff office locations
- Greet everyone that enters the Nursing & Health Sciences office suite and provide general information on department programs
- Help with miscellaneous work for the department
- Follow the printed procedures for answering and directing phone calls, and greeting and directing walk-in traffic
Skills: Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Strong phone and face to face etiquette. Strong organizational skills. Ability to work collaboratively with others
Physical Demands: Remain stationary for extended period of time while answering phone calls and directing foot traffic; ascending and descending stairs; Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.