CLASSIFICATION: Non-Work Study
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
LENGTH: Fall and Spring
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus
Position Summary: A Student Ambassador is a representative of the student body at Admissions events and in the community. Ambassadors must have the ability to present and communicate a positive public image of North Central Missouri College and of themselves as a student of North Central Missouri College. An Ambassador’s primary duties are to give campus tours, assist Admissions staff with on-campus events such as Senior Visit Day, the NCMC College Fair, group events, content creation for social media, and assist with data entry and processing the inquiry communication plan with prospective students.
- Give campus tours to prospective students
- Meet and greet prospective students, families, alumni and special guests
- Assist with special on-campus events such as Senior Visit Days and the NCMC College Fair
- Provide information to prospective students about NCMC and campus/student life
- Perform data entry into PowerCampus
- Perform document imaging by scanning documents into eTrieve software
- Prepare mailings to prospective students
- Call prospective students
- Contribute to social media content creation by participating in/editing video and photo shoots
- Assist the office staff with various phone coverage, processing incoming mail, filing, running errands to the bookstore, and other tasks as assigned
- Must be available to attend on-campus recruiting events (Senior Visit Day, College Fair, etc.)
- Must commit to working a full academic year beginning fall through spring (and potentially summer)
- Must attend Ambassador Retreat in August (one day of training)
- Must inform admissions staff of class schedule and any changes prior to each semester beginning
Education: Must be a current NCMC student.
Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; social media platforms such as TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat; excellent communication and organizational skills.
Physical Demands: This job requires the student be able to lift 20 lbs, being outside on campus tours in inclement weather, moving around campus multiple times a day, ascending and descending stairs
Environmental Demands: frequent fluctuations between moving indoors and outdoors on tile, carpet, hardwoods, concrete, or blacktop with uneven surfaces; weather fluctuations.