CLASSIFICATION: Administration, Management, Professionals
DEPARTMENT: TRIO-Student Support Services/Upward Bound
REPORTS TO: Dean of Instruction
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Full-Time, 12-month
LOCATION: Trenton, Missouri-Main Campus
Position Summary: Responsible for TRIO Programs and operation of UB and SSS Grants.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Develop and implement short and long-range goals to accomplish various grant activities, achieve grant Objectives, and obtain Prior Experience Points.
- Oversee the daily operation of UB and SSS programs and ensure that all services and activities meet TRIO legislation and regulations
- Communicate and liaison with college faculty, staff, administration, local school personnel and other agencies in order to enhance services for program participants.
- Advocate for students with disabilities and assist students in obtaining and using appropriate accommodations.
- Plan and coordinate grant activities with other NCMC activities and services.
- Develop, monitor, and reconcile all TRIO program budgets; submit annual budgets to Department of Education Program Officers, as required.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of activities and services according to the Evaluation Plan set out in grant applications.
- Make recommendations for hiring staff, develop staff schedules, supervise staff activities and services, and conduct annual performance reviews and interim staff evaluations as needed.
- Prepare and submit Annual Performance Reports and any additional reports as required by granting agencies.
- Keep records and documentation as required by TRIO regulations.
- Write and submit SSS and UB grant proposals.
- Provide academic, personal and career counseling for program participants.
- Travel for TRIO trainings and conferences, 2-3 times per year.
- Serve as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and fulfill reporting obligations as required by the Clery Act.
- Attend meetings and college functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s degree required in education, counseling, administration or related field.
Experience: Three to five years of professional experience in TRIO or similar educational programs, including administrative and supervisory duties; counseling experience is a plus. Evidence of the ability to write grant proposals and reports. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks. Prior budget management skills. Experience working with low-income and first-generation students, students at academic risk, and students with disabilities. Ability to gather and analyze data and to present clear and concise information orally and in written reports. Experience in overcoming barriers similar to those of TRIO students preferred.
Skills: Proficient in MS Office; experience working with database preferred. Proven organizational, analytical and time management skills. Ability to build relationships and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk while typing and answering phones.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.