DEPARTMENT: TRIO – Talent Search (TS)
REPORTS TO: Talent Search Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Temporary, Academic year
LOCATION: St. Joseph, MO – within the SJSD
Position Summary: Talent Search Assistants provide support for Talent Search staff with a variety of tasks by providing staff with assistance with data entry, copying, document creation, communication and other tasks.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to TRIO-TS staff, including, but not limited to data entry, copying, creating documents, email and print communication
- Maintain confidentiality of all TS student and faculty information
- Maintain records according to requirements of the TS grant and direction of TS staff
- Assist in promoting the services and program of Talent Search
- Attend and participate in training sessions and seminars as required
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Associates degree is preferred. High school diploma and former experience may be substituted for degree obtainment.
Experience: Preference for applicants who have professional or personal experiences in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting Talent Search program participants and whom have knowledge of TRIO programs. Ability to effectively perform office tasks and help track participant academic progress. Ability to document all services provided to Talent Search participants. Excellent organizational, verbal and communication skills Demonstrated sensitivity to, respect for and understanding of the needs of disadvantaged students.
Skills: Strong writing and math skills. Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Physical Demands: Moving about between and within buildings in the SJSD; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk while writing and performing job duties.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.