Information for Online Orientation
All new students must complete an OAR before enrolling in classes.
The Academic Advisors would like to emphasize how important it is for students to attend an on-ground OAR session. Students have the opportunity to meet with various departments across campus, take a walking campus tour, meet their advisor, discuss their schedule in depth and become familiar with life on NCMC’s campus. However, we recognize that not everyone is able to attend an on-campus OAR session.
If you are unable to attend an on-campus OAR session, please follow the steps below to complete Online Orientation. You will not be eligible to register for your courses until the Online Orientation is completed.
Steps to complete Online Orientation
- Contact the Student Services Coordinator by calling (660) 359-3948 ext. 1418 to request to be added into the OAR organization module in Blackboard.
- Once you have been added to the OAR organization in Blackboard, log into myCOMPASS using your student ID number as your username and the 4-digit year you were born plus the last 4-digits of your SSN as the password (Ex. 19971234)
- Click on Blackboard under myACADEMIC TOOLS
- Click on Organizations in the menu on the left side of the page.
- Click on “Orientation. Advising. Registration. (OAR)”
- Begin the learning module by clicking on “Online OAR for New Students.” Follow the directions to complete the learning module. You must answer each question correctly on all quizzes to be allowed to enroll in classes!
Online OAR will take approximately one hour to complete. Follow the instructions at the end of the learning module to contact your advisor for enrollment!
North Central Missouri College