What Is Student Support Services?
- Federally funded program created by the Higher Education Act of 1965.
- 100% Funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
- SSS was established at NCMC in 2001.
- There is No Cost to SSS students; all of SSS services are FREE.
- SSS at NCMC serves 160 students.
You may be eligible if you fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Meet federal income guidelines.
- Are a first-generation college student (neither parent received a 4 yr. degree)
- Have a documented disability
- 88% of all enrolled SSS participants served will meet the performance level required to stay in good academic standing at the applicant institution.
- 36% of new participants served each year will graduate from the applicant institution with an associate’s degree or certificate within four years.
- 17% of new participants served each year will receive an associate’s degree or certificate from the applicant institution and transfer to a four-year institution within four years.
- 67% of all participants served in the reporting year by the SSS project will persist from one academic year to the beginning of the next academic year or earn an associate’s degree/certificate at the applicant institution and/or transfer from a 2-year to a 4-year institution by the fall term of the next academic year.