What is anxiety?
- Anxiety is related to feelings of fear, dread, or worry. It can be very normal to experience anxiety, especially in stressful, new, or scary situations. When this fear, dread, or worry is constant or excessive, it can become problematic.
- Types of anxiety: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety, Phobias, Panic Disorder (MedlinePlus, 2020)
- Anxiety can feel like:
- Short fuse/easily irritated
- Pounding heart
- Tight chest
- Easily fatigued
- Sweating, shaking, and/or trembling
- Stomachaches and/or headaches
- Thoughts of doom or fear that are persistent
If your anxiety begins to interfere with everyday life and daily tasks or if symptoms persist, it’s okay to seek help.