Rules for Students
- Tester’s identity will be verified by valid photo ID: driver’s license, school ID, military ID. TESTER WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TEST WITHOUT A VALID PHOTO ID.
- Tester should familiarize themselves with the Testing Center Rules. The rules can be accessed from the testing center webpage or by contacting test center staff. By accessing the test, the tester agrees to the Testing Center Rules.
- Only items allowed by instructor will be permitted in the testing room.
- The following items are NOT allowed in the testing room: CELL PHONES, calculator covers, backpacks, coats, hats (can be worn if hat stays on throughout test; ball caps need to be turned with bill to the back) purses, electronic devices like headsets, laptops, and smart watches – unless designated by instructor.
- Testers may not inspect the test prior to taking it.
- Testers may not leave testing room before test is complete, except for URGENT matters.
- NO TALKING IN THE TESTING ROOM. Enter and exit quietly.
- Earplugs or headphones are available at the circulation desk.
- A clear, non-colored water bottle with label removed can be taken into the testing room.
- Testers should come prepared and allow enough time to complete testing prior to the Testing Center closing. Tests will be collected at closing time – regardless of time on the test that is remaining.
- If tester is taking a paper test, tester is responsible for keeping track of how much testing time remains. Testing staff will collect tests once allotted testing time is reached.
- If any issues or problems occur during a test, proctor will contact instructor immediately.
- If a tester is suspected of CHEATING, library staff will follow instructor’s instructions on proctor request.
- VIDEO and AUDIO SURVEILLANCE is ACTIVE in the testing room and RECORDING IS ALWAYS IN PROGRESS. Instructors can review video as needed.
- When test is complete, return test (along with scrap paper and any additional materials given to you by proctor) to testing staff.
Early Closing Policy
***Definition of closing early: open during college office hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm (with the exception of alternate days.)***
If the campus announces an alternate day due to inclement weather, the Testing Center will be closed for in-person exams. NCMC Students scheduled for exams should contact their instructors regarding exam changes when the college announces an alternate day. PearsonVUE, MoGEA, or other professional exams will receive instructions from the exam vendor on how to reschedule exams.
The Testing Center will close early on the following dates:
- Thursday before fall break
- Tuesday before Thanksgiving
- Thursday before spring holiday
- Week of Spring Break